Samsung provided the official update to update the Galaxy SII smartphone with the Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ROM. Galaxy S2 is a very popular device and still there are millions of users and this update will make them really happy as their device is going to run on the newer version of android with some fresh updates and apps and that too by the officials.
Those who have already updated with some custom ROMs can revert changes back and install this official update on their device but if you really happy with your rooted device then nothing special for you.
Samsung Galaxy SII JellyBean Firmware Details
Official Firmware Details:
Android Version: 4.1.2 – Build JZO54K
Features of Jelly Bean 4.1.2
Before starting with the update procedure you should know about the features that are going to be updated in your device after installing this official firmware.
- Buttery Smooth Performance
- Superb Stability (Project Butter)
- Full User Interface Revamp
- Samsung’s S Cloud services
- Fresh Lock screen with Customization Options
- Google Now App
- Smart Stay Feature
- Better Camera features and quality
- TouchWiz Nature UX
- Fresh Notification bar With More Options
- Direct Call Feature
- Galaxy S III Widgets
I’m sure after reading all these features you’re surely going to move further with the update procedure so here I go.
Requirements to Update Samsung Galaxy SII JellyBean ROM
- Create a backup of complete personal stuff stored on your device using any backup app or using the Kies.
- The battery of the device should be at least 80% before starting with the procedure.
- Disable all the security apps (antivirus) that are installed on your device right now (if any).
- Download and install official USB drivers of your device on the PC or laptop.
- Enable the USB Debugging option from the Development settings.
If you want the things to happen automatically then install the Kies and connect your device with the PC.
Once your device is connected then from the Kies options check for the available firmware update and there you’ll find the details. Make sure your PC is connected with a proper internet connection.
Follow the screen instructions and you’ll find your device updated comfortably.
If your device is not updated with the manual method mentioned below then you need to follow it again but clear the cache memory first.
In order to clear the cache memory, get into the recovery mode (press Volume Up, Menu and Power button together) and select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option.
You can start with the method without clearing cache but if it doesn’t get successful then try that out. So here is the manual procedure.
- Download the firmware zip file and ODIN on your PC and extract them.
- Restart your device by pressing Volume Down, Home and Power button together to get into the download mode.
- Connect your device with the USB cable and run ODIN (as administrator). Once the device is connected, ID: COM option will turn Yellow.
- Now start selecting files from the downloaded zip in this manner. Click on PDA option and select CODE.tar file, then click on Phone and select file with MODEM name, then click on CSC and select file with CSC name, and at last click on PIT and select .pit file. If you didn’t find one or more files then ignore that option/step.
- Now select the F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot options from the ODIN. If you got the .pit file in the last step then select the re-partition options as well.
- Now, you can click on Start button and wait till the installation gets over.
- Once your device gets restarted then that means procedure is complete.
You can remove the USB connection once you see the Samsung logo in starting. You can confirm the installation from Settings > About Phone.
Share the article with your friends having the Galaxy S2 device so that they can also update the android version.